6.01.2010

June Vow: Goodbye Soda.

Last month, i went the entire time without buying a single item of clothing. That means no clothes and shoes. it taught me how much i spend(waste) time looking at clothes i want to buy and sales i rummage online. I noticed that i began to dedicate more time to finding things that will last me more than a few wear and tears. I also learned that whatever money i didn't spend on clothing, bless me, went to savings. And funny enough, when June 1st rolled around today, the first thing i wanted to buy wasn't clothes. So i've decided maybe every month i'll give up something.

This month's winner?
Soda, pop, cola, coke, coca, ... whatever you call it. I'm calling it quits for the month of June. I'm not really a heavy soda drinker, but i realized when i start drinking that stuff i can't stop. Especially since there is always soda available at work, i need to just back off.

Exceptions?

Yes, because otherwise I can't survive. I love bubbly drinks but that doesn't mean they all have to be that dark caramel color.

i can therefore allow myself to drink mineral water.

So what can i work with?

1. Water
2. Milk
3. Juice (Orange... otherwise only fresh squeezed stuff)
4. Mineral Water

Here we go.

edit: shoot. what about alcohol?? Least caloric drink?? Vodka Tonic or Vodka (club) Sodas. is beer excluded too for this month too? ... maybe alcohol just won't count. This is going to be interesting.

0 kind regards: